Protecting Your Identity – On and Offline
At it's root, ID theft is an information risk management problem where, due to a flaw in someone's information practices, a thief gets your data and uses it for their own benefit. Without the knowledge of how this happens and what tools you can use to block it, you're left defenseless against the thief who steals your ID or the ones who run companies that pretend to offer you "protection" that don't actually.
It would be my great honor if you allowed me to speak to your audience and teach them how to cut through the rhetoric and really protect themselves without having to pay anyone monthly "protection" fees.
Learn More First
All the same informaion you'll learn in my talk is also available here on my website. Feel free to look around and learn about protecting your ID. Then, if you believe the information I have to offer will be of benefit to other people you know. please share this site or have me come to you and show your organization directly:
Talk OutlineSubject to change without notification of course.
- Online Identity
- Protecting your online accounts – passwords, using shared computers safely.
- Phone and laptop safety – Locks, App safety, encryption
- Computer Safety
- Doxxing – How to find and protect your information like the attackers do.
- Offline Identity
- About non-credit identity theft
- Protecting against non-credit identity theft
- About credit based identity theft
- Protecting against credit identity theft
- A special note on credit card fraud and RFID and identity theft
Ready to go?
If you'd like to discuss the seminar for use with company security days, private events, conferences, etc., please click here. Please feel free to use any of the below resources in connection with a scheduled talk.
- Seminar Handout (PDF format)
- Speaker Biography (PDF format)
- Sample video (new!) (10min Youtube)